How to Customize Search Page for Custom Post Type in Elementor?
Do you want to customize the search page specifically for the custom post types in Elementor? By customizing the search page for custom post types, visitors can easily search for specific information and content.
With the Dynamic Listing widget from The Plus Addons for Elementor, you can easily customize the search page for the custom post types.
To check the complete feature overview documentation of The Plus Addons for Elementor Dynamic Listing widget, click here.
Requirement – This widget is a part of The Plus Addons for Elementor, make sure its installed & activated to enjoy all its powers.
First, you have to create the search archive template, you can use the free Nexter Builder or you can use Elementor Pro if you are already using it.
For instance, we have created a custom post type called Books.
Once you’ve created your custom post type, follow the steps –
1. Add the Dynamic Listing widget to the template.
2. Select Search List from the Post Listing Types dropdown.
3. Then select your custom post type from the Post Type dropdown.
4. After that, select the appropriate style and layout.
5. From the Custom Query section you can show posts from multiple post types.
You can fine-tune the settings and style from other options.
Add The Search Widget
Now, for the search widget, you have to use the WP Search Bar widget from The Plus Addons for Elementor.
Add the widget on the template or any other page and follow the steps –
1. In the Search Bar Field tab, open the Post item, select Post from the Source dropdown, then select your custom post type from the Select Type field.
2. Then go to the Extra Options tab, and turn off the AJAX Search toggle so that the result shows on the search archive page.
Now if you search your custom post types, it will show in your customized listing.