If you have used the Elementor Hello theme to design your WordPress website, you must have noticed that it lacks basic features and customizations. Well, you are not alone. Missing features and a lack of design options have forced developers to look for Elementor Hello theme alternatives.
However, finding a perfect alternative that can work seamlessly with the Elementor page builder and provide faster loading times is a challenge. So, we assembled a list of the fastest Elementor themes that will replace the Hello theme without hassle.
This blog will look at the top five free Hello Elementor theme alternatives. We will also explore their key features and pricing and do a speed test to check the loading times. So, let’s get started.
Be the first to know about new Elementor features, updates, and integrations – Sign up for our Email Updates !
What is Elementor Hello Theme?
Elementor needs no introduction, for it is the most popular page builder available for WordPress. Due to its popularity, the makers of Elementor decided to release their own theme for WordPress, the Elementor Hello Theme.
Released in May 2019, Hello Theme is a minimalist theme that is also among the fastest Elementor themes. It works seamlessly with the Elementor page builder. The theme requires only 6 KB of resources and loads in ¼ seconds.
Why is Hello Theme Limited?
A loading time of ¼ seconds is impeccable for a WordPress theme. But then why do you need an alternative to Hello Theme?
Because it is constrained when it comes to features and functionalities, let’s look at three reasons why Hello Theme can limit your website development:
- Non-Existent Features: The Hello theme is faster than others because it is a stripped-down theme that provides a blank canvas for developers to create websites.
- Not a Beginner-Friendly Theme: If you are using themes to build your website, chances are you want to avoid the trouble of writing codes and scripts. But that is not the case with the Hello theme. The theme only comes with a functions.php file and a style.css file. And you must modify these files to create a website that newer updates can override.
- Poor Third-Party Page Builder Support: The Hello Theme is designed to complement the Elementor page builder. But that is also the theme’s biggest limitation. If you use page builders other than Elementor, the Hello theme will slow down your website-building process.
Now, you may think these are the issues one almost expects from a free page builder. But that is not the case. Even if you upgrade to Elementor Pro, you will face performance issues due to the wide range of plugins you must install to make even simple things work.
Also, the Elementor page builder and Elementor Hello theme create a walled ecosystem, making it difficult for developers to switch between themes and page builders. And that is why we have put together the five best Hello Elementor theme alternatives.
Best Hello Elementor Theme Alternatives
Now that you know why you need alternatives to the Hello Theme, here are the top five Elementor Hello theme alternatives:
1. Nexter WP Theme
The first theme on our list of the best Hello Elementor Theme alternatives is POSIMYTH Innovations’ Nexter WP theme.
It is a freely available multipurpose theme that does not hold back on features and customizations. Even if you use the free version of the Elementor page builder, Nexter WP Theme is the only theme you need to create fast, attractive, and functional websites.
If you have used Elementor before, you may have noticed that you always need additional plugins to add even the most basic functionalities to your website. But that is not the case with Nexter WP theme; it is a complete theme, with all necessary features built into it as standard offerings.
Besides, the theme only takes 20 kb of resources, making it lightning-fast. Nexter WP theme is also a secure website and regularly takes part in independent security audits. You also get integrations with popular plugins.
An expert team backs the theme’s development and provides support when you have doubts and need help.
Key Features of Nexter WP Theme
Here are some valuable features of Nexter WP Theme that you can use with Elementor for free:
- Blank Theme
Nexter WP is a blank canvas theme making it one of the most lightweight and responsive themes. It does not load any additional scripts on the front end when you install it on your website.
- Self-Hosted and Custom Fonts
The theme gives you access to self-hosted Google fonts. You can also integrate fonts from Adobe without needing third-party plugins. Besides, you can even install custom fonts to your website using Nexter.
- Code Snippets and Custom Hooks
With Nexter, you do not need any child theme to customize your website. Instead, you can use the built-in code snippets feature to add custom codes like JS, CSS, HTML, and PHP. You can also create custom hooks to tweak how WordPress operates without modifying core files.
- White Labeling with Branded WP Admin
Nexter WP comes with Branded WP Admin that allows you to white label WordPress using your brand logo, colors, and custom admin pages.
- Disable Admin Settings
The theme lets you disable admin-centric options with a click of a button. You can toggle options to hide notifications, front-end admin bar, remove panels and notices, etc.
- Google ReCAPTCHA
Nexter allows you to add Google ReCAPTCHA to log in, register, comment, and reset password forms. You can even pick from three different versions of ReCAPTCHA: V2, V2 (Invisible), and V3.
- Page and Post Duplicator
The theme gives you complete control over how you duplicate content on your website. You can decide who can duplicate posts and pages, pick their date, define the author, etc.
- Replace URL and Text
Nexter’s Replace URL, and Text feature allows you to replace links and text on your website with one click.
- Performance Tweaks
Nexter allows you to make performance tweaks to the theme to ensure your website is faster to load. You can disable emojis scripts, comments, and RSS feeds and clean unnecessary code.
- Global Styles Settings
The Nexter WP theme helps you create a consistent brand visual design by providing style settings that you can apply globally. You can customize headings, site titles, body text, featured images, logos, and backgrounds to create a unique user experience for your visitors.
- Multiple Layout Options
The theme is perfect for using multiple layouts for one website. You can pick between boxed and full-width layouts to organize your content using a modern design. You can also add all kinds of containers to your website, including header, body, content, page, and more.
- Advanced Theme Builder for Free Elementor Users
The theme also has a free header and footer builder with advanced functionalities like a sticky header, mega menu, conditional display rules, mobile menu, etc. Free Elementor users can also access this theme builder at no extra cost.
- Security Hardening
Nexter WP theme gives you tons of admin-level controls like page and post duplicator, right-click protection, URL and text replacer, and content and password protection. In addition, websites made with this theme also support two-factor authentication, disable F12, and copy/paste protection.
- Seamless Integration with The Plus Addons for Elementor
The Plus Addons for Elementor is a premium plugin for the Nexter WP theme that enhances the functionalities of your existing page builder with 120+ widgets & extensions. Besides, you also get a dedicated WooCommerce builder plugin to create your own business website.
Speed Test Results of Nexter WP Theme
Now for the most crucial part: the loading speed test. We have tested the Nexter WP theme on PageSpeed Insights, and the results solidify its position as a responsive theme.
Pricing of Nexter WP theme
The Nexter WP theme is freely available to download. But you can upgrade to the premium version for $29/year to access additional features.
You also get regular updates and premium tech support. In addition, you can pick from Starter, Professional, and Studio plans and pay for them yearly or once for the entire lifetime.
2. Astra WP Theme
The Astra WP theme takes the second spot in our list, offering a decent mix of customizations and speed for website development.
It is a lightweight theme with significantly faster loading speeds. In addition, the Astra WP theme works seamlessly with popular page builders, including Elementor. Also, the theme has good third-party integration support.
Astra WP is also ideal for website designing if you lack coding expertise. You can pick from a wide range of pre-built demos to design your website. However, many demos are locked behind a paywall, and you must upgrade to the pro version to use them.
Key Features of Astra WP Theme
- Pre-built Websites: Astra WP theme has over 150 pre-built site demos to create a fully functional website without coding. Whether designing a blog, brochure website, or an e-commerce store, you will easily find templates that fit your needs.
- Customizable Layout Options: The theme offers custom layouts that allow you to create custom elements like a CTA box. You can also modify your design for different screen sizes, including mobile devices.
- Feature Rich Theme Customizer: Astra theme includes a custom header, footer, typography, colors, metadata, and more. You can also customize each element globally to ensure a consistent visual style for your brand.
- Lightweight and Performance-Focused Theme: Astra theme takes around 37 kb resources. And it is a significantly faster theme, if not the fastest.
Speed Test Results of Astra WP Theme
See the speed test results for the Astra WP theme below:
Pricing of Astra WP Theme
You can download the Astra theme for free from WordPress. Or you can purchase the premium version starting at $59/year if you want more customization options and advanced features. They also offer lifetime plans starting from $299.
Enhance your Elementor website with these top free themes (with header and footer builder) – check out our list and give your website a stunning makeover.
3. Kadence Theme for WordPress
If you are looking for Elementor Hello theme alternatives, you can also check out the Kadence theme for WordPress. It is a free theme available to download on the WordPress repository and offers plenty of customization options to help you create an attractive website.
Kadence theme allows you to create websites that have responsive design. Although, it is important to note that Kadence works better with the Kadence Blocks page builder compared to Elementor. Besides, Kadence offers starter website templates to ease the website creation process.
Key Features of Kadence Theme for WordPress
- Customizable Theme Options: You can create and customize header, footer, and page layouts in just a few clicks. Besides, you can also tweak page width, add images, add a sidebar, and more by simply using drag-and-drop tools.
- Branding: TheKadence theme’s branding features allow you to add a logo and set its position on a webpage. You can also customize the text of your site name and tagline in the branding section.
- Typography: Typography allows you to pick from a vast range of fonts for headings, body text, and other sections of your website. You can tweak the font size and style for each section separately.
- Global Colors: The global color setting in the Kadence theme ensures visual consistency across web pages. You can pick the color of the site’s background, URLs, accents, etc. You can choose colors from pre-built color sets or pick the color for each element or your entire site.
Speed Test Results of Kadence Theme for WordPress
The Kadence theme is one of the fastest themes you can use to design your website. Below is a snapshot of the speed test:
Pricing of Kadence Theme for WordPress
You can download the Kadence theme for free from the WordPress repository. You can also upgrade to the premium version of this theme for $129 for the first year to get unlimited sites, updates, and support. They also provide a lifetime plan for $699.
Discover the top free WordPress theme builders and create stunning websites effortlessly – read on to find out more!
4. Blocksy Theme
The next Elementor Hello theme alternative for WordPress that is worth a try is Blocksy by Creative Themes. It is a multipurpose theme that you can use for different kinds of websites. The theme is lightweight and provides clean and attractive website designs.
Unlike some other themes on this list, Blocksy offers a limited number of starter themes for your site. But the theme makes up for it with its customization options. Besides, the theme works with various page builders, including Elementor.
Key Features of the Blocksy Theme
Here are some vital features of the Blocksy theme:
- Customization Options: The Blocksy theme gives you complete control over your website’s design. You can tweak colors, background images, typography, menus, widgets, etc. The theme also shows real-time previews of changes you make.
- Multiple Header Styles: You can create a unique visual outlook for your website using different headers available with the Blocksy theme. You can also edit the design of these headers.
- Custom Logo Support: If branding is of utmost importance to you, Blocksy allows you to upload custom logos to your website in just a few clicks.
- Built-in Search System: The theme has a search system that allows visitors to search for content on your website and on the Internet.
Speed Test Results of the Blocksy Theme
The Blocksy theme has a decent loading speed, as shown in the speed test results:
Pricing of Blocksy Theme
The Blocksy theme is available to download for free from the WordPress theme directory. You can also upgrade to the premium version of the theme starting from $49/year to get extra features. You can pay for them annually or once for the entire lifetime, starting from $149.
5. OceanWP Theme
The last theme on our list of Elementor Hello theme alternatives is OceanWP. The theme is available for free, and you only pay for extensions you add later. It works perfectly with Elementor and other page builders.
Besides, you get over 200 demo sites and 20+ extensions to create unique websites online. You can customize each element of a page on your website. Also, the theme adapts its content to different screen sizes.
Key Features of OceanWP Theme
- Plenty of Demo Sites: If you plan to take your website online in no time, OceanWP is the best choice. You can pick from many pre-built demos ranging from personal blogs to e-commerce sites.
- Customizations: OceanWP theme allows you to customize the design of your website at global and section levels. You can pick colors, background images, headings, fonts, etc., to create unique web pages and sections for your website.
- Comprehensive Header Options: The theme allows you to choose different header styles for your website. You can customize these headers with logos, social menus, mobile menus, and a top bar.
- WooCommerce Integration: The OceanWP theme also provides a free-to-use WooCommerce integration. So, you can also create an online shop with product pages and multiple checkout options.
Speed Test Results of OceanWP Theme
OceanWP is slightly slower than the rest of the themes mentioned in this blog. Hence, it takes the last spot on our list.
Here is the performance score from the speed test:
Pricing of OceanWP Theme
OceanWP is free to download from the WordPress directory, like all other themes in our list. You can also upgrade to the premium version starting from $54/year to access advanced extensions and integrations. They also provide lifetime plans starting from $222.
Get Inspired by the best Elementor designs and projects from around the world - Join our 50K + Community now!
Which Hello Theme Alternative Should You Choose?
The Hello theme is one of the fastest themes you can use for your website. But its biggest feature often acts as its biggest drawback and forces users to look for a Hello theme alternative.
The Elementor Hello Theme is designed to complement the Elementor page builder, which limits its performance with other page builders. Also, the theme misses out on crucial customization options available in other themes as standard.
When choosing the best alternative, consider factors such as fast loading on different devices, global customization options, availability of pre-built templates, third-party integration, and plugin support, etc.
Keeping these factors in mind, we would recommend you check out the Nexter WP theme. It is a free theme that equips you with an advanced header/footer and page layout editor. You can also customize each element of the theme to create a unique website. To access more customizations and integrations, upgrade to the Nexter WP Pro, starting at just $29.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some key features to look for when choosing a Hello Elementor theme alternative?
Key features to look for include compatibility with the Elementor page builder, faster loading speed, customization options, and easy integration with popular plugins so you can create a complete website without any hassle. A Hello Elementor theme alternative that provides you with these key features is Nexter WP Theme.
Are there any Hello Elementor Theme alternatives that are easier to use for beginners?
Yes, there are countless alternatives to the Hello theme that are also beginner friendly. One such theme is the Nexter WP theme. The theme comes with its page builder called the Nexter Builder. It allows you to use drag-and-drop tools to design a website without writing code or scripts.
Which WordPress theme provides inbuilt Theme Builder functionality?
An inbuilt theme builder functionality makes it convenient to develop a website without switching between third-party block editors and page builders. Nexter WP theme has one of the best built-in theme builders called the Nexter Builder. It offers advanced functionalities like a sticky header, mega menu, conditional display rules, mobile menu, etc.
Can you recommend some Hello Elementor Theme alternatives that offer faster loading speeds?
Nexter WP theme is the perfect alternative to Hello Elementor theme in terms of loading speed. The theme has a lightweight structure taking less than 20 kb resources. Apart from that, the Nexter WP theme has a fast loading speed clocking at mere 329 ms.
What are some Hello Elementor Theme alternatives that offer better security features?
If you want to provide a secure user experience on your website, you can try the Nexter WP theme. It has security features like right-click protection, URL and text replacer, and content and password protection. You can also add Google reCAPTCHA v3, two-factor authentication, disable F12, and copy/paste protection to your website with Nexter WP.